About sixty bright young secondary students from throughout New Zealand met in Auckland to compete in the Young Enterprise Trust competition 2012. The competition was based at Massey University Albany. However, the students were allocated into a dozen teams that were dispersed in several sponsor-mentor premises throughout the city.
The following videos illustrates the journey of one team, Team Unitec, hosted on Unitec Institute of Technology‘s Mount Albert campus. Team Unitec presents their response to two challenges:
- “Create a new venture business plan using a wood-based product sourced from New Zealand that can be used to create a valuable business through solving human issues in Indonesia“.
- Create a new venture that responds to the increasing issue of youth unemployment.
- The March meeting of West Auckland Young Enterprise Scheme (YES)… (pogus.tumblr.com)
- Advancing educational outcomes through Education for Enterprise in a Maori/Pacifika school: The case of Nga Kakano Christian Reo Rua Kura Part ONE: Strategic development issues (pogus.tumblr.com)
- Nga Puawaitanga present their place-winning Dragons Den new business pitch at the Lion Foundation West Auckland Young Enterprise Scheme Regional Finals (thedomm.com)
- Lyrics that inspire youth to be proud in their own skin: Debut track from Nga Puawaitanga (pogus.tumblr.com)
- “Struggling to find employment or even land an interview and find yourself or your friends blaming…” (pogus.tumblr.com)
- Young entrepreneurs compete for global honours (nzherald.co.nz)
- Curpy and the Young Enterprise UK finals (simonesaori.wordpress.com)
- Two Nelson students in business contest (stuff.co.nz)
Nga Puawaitanga present their place-winning Dragons Den new business pitch at the Lion Foundation West Auckland Young Enterprise Scheme Regional Finals
The band’s chart-climbing song, ‘People’ from their debut album is available for preview and purchase from their band site via facebook http://www.facebook.com/NgaPuawaitanga
Vause, A., & Mellalieu, P. J. (2012, May 16). Lyrics that inspire youth to be proud in their own skin: Debut track from Nga Puawaitanga. Innovation & chaos … in search of optimality. Retrieved May 16, 2012, from http://pogus.tumblr.com/post/23144001893/lyrics-that-inspire-youth-to-be-proud-in-their-own
Home – Nga Kakano Christian Reo e Rua Kura. (n.d.). Retrieved March 20, 2012, from http://ngakakano.com/
HSBC Young Enterprise Innovation Awards 2010. (2010). Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKyOHqgxWUU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Mellalieu, P. (2012). Young Enterprise Out West – March 2012. Henderson, Auckland. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SOu2qxWBpo
Mellalieu, P. J. (2011, July 19). More ladders, fewer snakes: Two proposals to reduce youth disadvantage [Review]. Innovation & chaos … in search of optimality. Retrieved November 7, 2011, from http://pogus.tumblr.com/post/7794555863/more-ladders-fewer-snakes-two-proposals-to
Mellalieu, P. J., & Coleman, E. B. (2011). Nga Kakano School Whanau Hui 2011 [photograph album]. Retrieved from http://gallery.me.com/petermellalieu#100341
Mellalieu, P. J., Kearns, N., & Vause, A. (2011). Whanui Hui – Nga Kakano School – Part 2. Nga Kakano School, Henderson. Retrieved from https://files.me.com/petermellalieu/mdn3lj.mp3
Mellalieu, P. J., & Vause, A. (2011). Whanui Hui – Nga Kakano School – [Extracts]. Nga Kakano School, Henderson: MyndSurfers. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZsOe2qipuQ
Mellalieu, P., & Vause, A. (2012, March 17). Advancing educational outcomes through Education for Enterprise in a Maori/Pacifika school: The case of Nga Kakano
Christian Reo Rua Kura Part ONE: Strategic development issues. Innovation & chaos … in search of optimality. Retrieved March 17, 2012, from http://pogus.tumblr.com/post/19444076798/advancing-educational-outcomes-through-education-for
Nga Kakano Art Auction. (2012, May 18).Peter Mellalieu’s Zenfolio Photograph Albums. Retrieved May 19, 2012, from http://petermellalieu.zenfolio.com/ngakanao_auction
Rangatahi Productions. (n.d.).facebook. Retrieved March 17, 2012, from http://www.facebook.com/RangatahiProductions
Vause, A., & Mellalieu, P. J. (2011). Education for Enterprise at Nga Kakano Christian Reo Rua Kura: Pilot Workshop. MyndSurfers. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVe-cfZVgGQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Young Enterprise- UK Finals 2009 — Affinity Speech. (2009). Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V0Wd8u7YTI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Unitec associate professor of business innovation and entrepreneurship, Peter Mellalieu, reveals his idiosyncratic passion for derelict and repurposed dairy factories. Peter argues that if we attempt to foresee the possible futures we might experience over the next ten years, then we need to examine at least the previous 40 years of history. Interviewer Karen McCarthy also discusses with Tim Mackle the impending changes to the Dairy Industry Restructuring Act, and Dairy NZ’s new research and development initiatives to improve sustainable farm practice through reducing nutrient and waste runoff into river waters.
Straight Talk 2012 Episode 14. (2012, May 6).Straight Talk. Auckland, N.Z.: Country 99. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPEBGQVu32I&feature=youtube_gdata_player
- Overview elements of APMG 8118 Enterprise Creativity, Design and… (pogus.tumblr.com)
- Waikato River dairy environment project gets funding (radionz.co.nz)
- New Zealand gas research to help farmers’ bottom line (dawn.com)